Certified Taylor Swift Fan

Thursday, June 4, 2009
Well, actually, not really a fan of Taylor Swift, but a fan of Taylor Swift MUSIC. Those are two different things. At least in my world, I know those two are different.

I just became a fan of her music recently, and quite accidentally. Thanks to my sister, who downloaded all Taylor Swift songs and repeatedly played the tracklist the other night. Liked all of the songs the instant that I heard them.

What caught my interest is the country-type genre, upbeat, sometimes slow melody of her songs. The upbeat songs make me want to stand up and dance to the rhythm while the sad slow songs make me want to learn the guitar and play the chords. Lyrics of her songs are mostly teen related and straight forward which do not require deep thinking.

Before that "Taylor Swift Songs" night, the only singles that I know were "Teardrops on My Guitar" and "Love Story" because those songs topped the radio station countdowns. Even though I already liked both of it, I still did not bother to search and download some of her songs. But look at my ipod now! It is complete with Taylor Swift songs! Even created a separate playlist just for that.

"I'm Only Me when I'm with You" is my favorite track. In my opinion, not only can it be considered as a song for lovers but also for friends. Reminds me of my friends when hanging out with them. No inhibitions. Be crazy around them and be yourself. If time permits, I am going to make a video or even just a slideshow of photos having this song as the background music.

So far, Taylor Swift had already two albums released.


Taylor_Swift_Album

First Album: Taylor Swift



Taylor_Swift_Fearless_International

Second Album: Fearless

To buy or not to buy the albums? My simple and straight answer is no. Since I'm only after the music and not the artist, downloading the songs (which I don't have to do anymore since my sister aleady has copies, haha), and placing those in my ipod is enough. I am already content and settled with that..... for now. But if I am already out of cost-cutting mode that I am in and if I have extra funds to buy the albums, and mind you, I'm going to buy the original ones, I would immediately dash to the mall and purchase the CDs. I just wish the albums are still being sold in record stores or even online by the time comes. It is still something that I would want to add to my CD collection.

1 comments:

MJ said...

whahah nice!!!

Post a Comment