Disney Channel Original Movie: Dadnapped

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
One of things that I look forward to in watching Disney Channel is the Disney Channel Original movies. Sample of these are High School Musical, Camp Rock, The Cheetah Girls, just to name a few. These movies became such a hit that a lot of these movies' merchandise has been sold. That even High School Musical 3 was already made into a theater movie and was shown on big screen worldwide. Also, main cast of these high-rated DCOM (short for Disney Channel Original Movies) had the chance to tour the world and have a concert. To add to that, because of their popularity, you can just easily buy a DVD copy of those movies from your nearest typical record or video stores. I think these are the ones that were overrated, were given too much hype. But there are those that just remain 'silent', movies that maybe you will never hear of and never made it to have a DVD or even just a VHS release. Just like the upcoming DCOM, Dadnapped. I saw the preview last week and I am quite excited to watch it. It was already televised in US last February 16 and is going to be aired on Disney Channel Asia on June 21. When you are living in the Philippines or Malaysia it is going to be at 730pm.

Obviously, from the title alone, someone's dad's going to be kidnapped. And I assume that it's the lead character's dad (that's always the case isn't it?). That's all I know about the movie plot. Don't want to spoil myself by reading reviews. Besides, it's going to be this Sunday already. Waiting time is not that long.

Dadnapped

The movie stars Emily Osment (Yep, Sixth Sense star Haley Joel Osment's younger sister), David Henrie, Jason Earles, Moises Arias and Phill Lewis. Such a star-studded Disney cast. I would love to watch Phill Lewis. He never fails to make me laugh when I watch The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I also like the tandem of Jason Earles and Moises Arias in Hannah Montana. I also find David Henrie funny and cute in Wizards of Waverly Place. Even when he was still a kid and had a minor role in That's So Raven, he was already charming. With this kind of cast, this is a DCOM that I surely would not want to miss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment